How do I add an item to a drop-down list in Excel?
- To add an item to a drop-down list, go to the items and select an item.
- Right click, and then click Insert.
- Select “Shift cells down” and click OK. Result:
- Type a new item. Result:
- To remove an item from a drop-down list, at step 2, click Delete, select “Shift cells up” and click OK.
How do you show text in a drop-down list in Excel?
Display input message in drop down list
- Get into the worksheet that you want to create the drop down list, and then click Data > Data Validation.
- In the Data Validation dialog box, click the Settings tab, select List in the Allow drop-down list, select the source data for the list in the Source box;
Can’t delete drop down list excel?
- Select the cell with the drop-down list. If you have multiple cells with drop-down lists that you want to delete, you can use Ctrl+Left click to select them.
- Click Data >Data Validation.
- On the Settings tab, click Clear All.
- Click OK.
How do you drop down box in Excel?
Steps Open the spreadsheet in which you want to add the drop-down box(es). Create a list of the items to appear in the drop-down list. Type the data in the order it will be displayed in the list. Click the cell you want to place the drop-down box in. Click the “Data” tab of the Microsoft Excel 2007 ribbon.
How do you add a drop down list?
To insert a drop down list in a Word document, please do as follows: 1. Click File > Options. 2. In the opening Word Options dialog box, please (1) click Customize Ribbon in left bar, (2) check Developer in the right box, and (3) click the OK button. See screenshot:
How do I create a dependent drop down list in Excel?
Here are the steps to create a dependent drop down list in Excel: Select the cell where you want the first (main) drop down list. Go to Data –> Data Validation. In the data validation dialog box, within the settings tab, select List. In Source field, specify the range that contains the items that are to be shown in the first drop down list.
How to add a drop-down list to a cell in Excel?
[Solution] How to Add a Drop down List to Excel Cell Create the list in cells A1:A4. Similarly, you can enter the items in a single row, such as A1:D1. Select cell E4. (You can position the drop down list in most any cell or even multiple cells.) Choose Validation from the Data menu. Choose List from the Allow option’s drop down list. (See, they’re everywhere.) Click the Source control and drag to highlight the cells A1:A4. Alternately, simply enter the reference (=$A$1:$A$4). Make sure the In-Cell Dropdown option is checked. If you uncheck this option, Excel still forces users to enter only list values (A1:A4), but it See More….