How do I clean up my IMAC for a new owner?
How to wipe a Mac computer with a factory reset
- Turn your Mac computer off.
- Press the power button to turn it on, then immediately press and hold Command (⌘) + R.
- After a few moments, the macOS Utilities window should appear — this is known as Recovery Mode.
- Select “Disk Utility” and click “Continue.”
How do I return my Imac to factory settings?
To reset your Mac, first restart your computer. Then press and hold Command + R until you see the Apple logo. Next, go to Disk Utility > View > View all devices, and choose the top drive. Next, click Erase, fill out the required details, and hit Erase again.
How do you erase all content and settings on a Mac?
How to Factory Reset a Mac or MacBook (macOS Monterey)
- Click the Apple icon in the menu bar (top-left corner).
- Select System Preferences from the drop-down menu.
- Select ‘Erase All Contents and Settings. ‘
- Enter your password, select ‘OK. ‘
- Select the ‘Erase All Content & Settings’ button.
How do I delete a Mac user account?
Delete a user or group on Mac
- On your Mac, choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Users & Groups . Open Users & Groups preferences for me.
- Select the user or group you want to delete, then click the Remove button (looks like a minus sign) below the list of users.
- Do one of the following:
- Click Delete User.
Why can’t I delete a user account on my Mac?
Make sure the user account you want to delete is not the only administrator account. If only one administrator account exists on the computer, you can not delete it, you can either change one of the other accounts to an administrator account or create a new administrator account then delete the old one.
How to erase everything on a Mac before selling?
Create a backup
What do you need to do before selling your Mac?
Before you sell your Mac, you have to make sure it’s ready to sell. Physically, make sure it’s in good-looking and sellable condition. Clean the screen and the case, keyboard, and trackpad. Use a microfiber cloth and alcohol-free cleanser.
What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Mac?
What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Mac. Before you sell, give away, or trade in your Mac, you should back up your computer, disable some features and services, and restore to factory settings by erasing the hard drive and reinstalling macOS .
How to clean startup disk on MacBook [simple methods to clean]?
Start up from macOS Recovery. Select Disk Utility from the Utilities window in macOS Recovery. Then click Continue. Make sure that the sidebar in Disk Utility shows the name of your startup disk. The volume representing your startup disk is Macintosh HD, unless you renamed it. Don’t see it? Look for a “Data” volume with the same name, such as See More…