How do I make bootstrap dropdown stay open?
As you can see tha element with class=”dropwdown-toggle” made it a dropdown.
How do I stop a drop down from closing?
The toggling anchor element is available as the | relatedTarget property of the event. Therefore, implementing this function should be able to disable the dropdown from closing. @czachor you’re Right! e. preventDefault(); Prevent a link from following the URL.
How do you prevent the dropdown from closing by clicking outside?
For Bootstrap 4, look for the clickEvent , and when found in the hide event, prevent the default close behavior. This dropdown will only close when the button is clicked. In some cases, you may want the Dropdown to close when the button or menu is clicked. In this case you can examine the clickEvent target.
How do I keep a drop down menu open in HTML?
Example Explained Use any element to open the dropdown menu, e.g. a , or
element. Use a container element (like ) to create the dropdown menu and add the dropdown links inside it. Wrap a element around the button and the to position the dropdown menu correctly with CSS.
What is dropdown toggle in Bootstrap?
Why Bootstrap dropdown is not working?
Why bootstrap dropdown is not working?
How do I close the menu when I click outside?
2 options that you can investigate:
- On showing of the menu, place a large empty DIV behind it covering up the rest of the page and give that an on-click event to close the menu (and itself).
- On showing of the menu, attach a one-time click event handler on the body that closes the menu.
How do I close a bootstrap dropdown?
btn-group element that holds your button has the class “open” assigned to it. . dropdown(‘toggle’) closes the dropdown but also disables it from opening again!
How do I make a drop-down menu clickable?
Let’s look at the process below.
- Step 1: Create and style a div with a class name “dropdown.”
- Step 2: Create the hoverable element.
- Step 3: Create and style the dropdown content.
- Step 4: Set the dropdown menu’s hover state.
- Step 5: Style the links inside the dropdown menu.
What does dropdown-toggle do?
2 Answers. The dropdown-toggle class adds the outline: 0; on :focus to the button, so when you click on the button it will not have the surrounding blue border of the “active” element. i tested and they both have the border, maybe it has another use.