How do I use MyCAA grant?

How do I use MyCAA grant?

How To Apply For MyCAA

  1. Establish a MyCAA account by visiting the MyCAA website.
  2. Explore approved MyCAA career fields and licensure programs.
  3. Find a school that matches your interests and offers licenses, certificates and degrees.
  4. Create an Education Training Plan (ETP) with a career coach or Employment Readiness staff.

Do you have to pay back MyCAA if you don’t finish?

But even if you accept funding and don’t follow through on your training, you won’t have to pay the money back. That said, keep in mind that if you drop out of a course or fail, your MyCAA funds will be frozen. You’ll need to speak to a program counselor to continue your training and career path.

How long does it take for MyCAA to approve?

Submit required data on the MyCAA School Eligibility Application to begin the accreditation verification (vetting) process. The verification process can take up to 60 days.

Does MyCAA give you a laptop?

Some individual programs may offer MyCAA applicants a free laptop as an incentive, but MyCAA itself does not offer or fund free laptops, tablets, or other technology for qualified military spouses who use MyCAA.

Can military spouse go to school for free?

Navy-Marine Corps Relief Society Education Assistance Program: The NMCRS Education Assistance Program offers interest-free loans and grants ranging from $500 to $3,000 per academic year to spouses of active-duty and retired service members for undergraduate programs at an accredited two- or four-year institution.

Can you use MyCAA grant more than once?

Can I use MyCAA twice? Yes! Although you can’t apply for the scholarship twice, you can use portions of the $4000 at different times.

Is MyCAA a one time thing?

Is MyCAA a One-Time Thing? While you can only receive the scholarship one time, you can continue to use the funds as long as you fit within the eligibility requirements. There is a $2000 cap per fiscal year but, if your course and certification costs exceed that amount, then more can be used up to the total $4000.

Can I use MyCAA and fafsa?

If you’re familiar with educational monetary aid, you may be wondering: “Can I use MyCAA and other sources of financial aid together?” The quick answer: Yes, you can. Read on to learn more.

Can I use MyCAA if I already have a degree?

MyCAA does not cover bachelor’s, master’s, or doctorate degrees, so you could not use it to continue in the same line of education you have already completed. But a course being taken for a master’s degree or doctorate may be covered if the course earns a credential necessary for employment.

What can I use my MyCAA for?

The MyCAA scholarship can be used to cover the tuition of programs that provide certificates, licenses, or associate degrees with a specified concentration or major leading to an approved portable career.

What schools does MyCAA cover?

MYCAA Approved Online Schools

School Name Accreditation Type Tax Status
AMERICAN PUBLIC UNIVERSITY Regional Private – For Profit

Can I get fafsa if I’m a military spouse?

1. MyCAA. MyCAA (My Career Advancement Account) is a program designed to provide financial aid for military spouses (who are eligible) pursuing portable career fields. Spouses must also be pursuing a “portable career field”, and their education must strictly adhere to that.

Who is eligible for mycaa?

If you are wondering who is eligible for MyCAA, there are two main MyCAA qualifications that must be met. First, one must be the spouse of an active duty service member (Title 10 military orders) that fall in these pay grades: E-1 to E-5. W-1 to W-2.

What does mycaa cover and pay for?

MyCAA pays for tuition expenses covering classes, training, examinations, and other areas that lead to a license, certificate, certification, or associate degree. Degrees pursued with MyCAA must not be general; they must have a specific concentration leading to a degree or certification.

Who is eligible for mycaa financial assistance?

Who is eligible for MyCAA financial assistance? Eligible parties include spouses of service members on active duty in pay grades E-1 to E-5, W-1 to W-2, and O-1 to O-2 who can start and complete their coursework while their military sponsor is on Title 10 military orders, including spouses married to members of the National Guard and Reserve Components in these same pay grades.