How do you fix an unreadable disc on Xbox 360?
Xbox 360 game error disc is unreadable
- Click the Guide button on the controller.
- Navigate to Settings >> System Settings.
- Select Memory or Storage.
- Highlight any of the storage, and press Y on the controller.
- Select Clear System Cache.
- Select Yes to confirm.
- Turn off your Xbox 360.
- Unplug it for at least three minutes.
How do I fix an unreadable game disc?
5 Ways To Fix A Scratched Video Game Disc
- Rubbing Alcohol Method: Get a lint free non scratching cloth.
- Toothpaste Method: Use a small dab of the gritty type of toothpaste.
- Banana Method: Use a banana that is peeled and cut in half.
- Skip Scratch Fixer Method:
- Petroleum Jelly Method:
How do I make my Xbox 360 disc readable?
What do you do when your Xbox disc is unreadable?
- Check your profile. Make sure that you’re using the same profile that you used to purchase the game.
- Clean your disc. Remove the disc you’re trying to run from your console.
- Transfer the game license to your console.
- Reinstall the game.
Can you copy Xbox 360 games to the hard drive?
TIP: In order to play any game you install onto your Xbox 360’s hard drive, the game you want to play must be inserted in the disk drive. TIP: If your Xbox 360’s hard drive does not have sufficient space to copy the Xbox 360 game you want to copy, it will prompt you to free up space on your hard drive.
Why is my Xbox 360 not reading the disc?
The major contributing factor to a disc read error is a dirty optical lens (the one that your Xbox 360 laser passes through to read the disc itself). If there is dirt or dust on the laser lens, your system will eventually fail to read the game disc.
How do I save my Xbox 360 games to an external hard drive?
Sign into your gamer profile, insert the drive in a USB port on your Xbox 360, and head to Settings in your dashboard. Select the System tile and then Storage. Select USB Storage Device and then Configure Now (or “Customize” if you’d prefer to only use a portion of the drive). Select Yes for the prompt that appears.
How do you download Xbox 360 games to an external hard drive?
Installing Games to the Hard Drive Insert the flash drive or USB hard drive into the USB port of the console. Insert the game disc into your console. Highlight “My Xbox” in the Xbox Dashboard menu. The default selection is the game inserted into the drive.
How do I clean the lens on my Xbox 360?
well you have two options. You can try one of those cd’s with little brushes on them or you can follow this guide then remove the four screws holding the drive together and from here you can remove the top case and take a cotton swab with a little bit of rubbing alcohol on the tip and gently wipe the lens off.