How do you make photoreal scenery for FSX?
PART I – Preparations
- Install FSX SDK SP2.
- Install SbuilderX and latest Tile server plugins.
- Install ADE.
- Install a image editing software that can work with layers (Photoshop, Gimp etc.)
- Create a folder “Nauru” on your C: drive.
- Create a folder “Scenery” and a folder “Texture” in your “Nauru” folder.
How do I use Google Earth in FSX?
Just type “FSX in Google Earth” (without quote marks) in the Youtube search bar, and it will pull them up for you. This HAS to the next generation of Flight Simulation!!
How do you open flight simulator on Google Earth?
You can open the flight simulator through the menu or by using shortcut keys:
- In the menu: Click Tools Enter Flight Simulator.
- Windows: Press Ctrl + Alt + a.
- Mac: Press ⌘+ Option + a.
How do I install scenery flight gear?
Installing via a graphical interface
- Open the FlightGear Admin Wizard.
- Click on Select Scenery Source… to select the directory containing the scenery .
- Click on Select Install Destination… to select the directory where you want to install the scenery.
What do satellite images look like in FSX?
Satellite images usually look a little pale in FSX, so it’s better to add a little more contrast.
Can you blend black and white in FSX?
But when doing a blendmask, everything that is painted in black won’t show up at all in FSX. The good thing about that blendmask thingy is that it does not have to be in either black or white, it can have grey scales which means you can soften the edges of your image and let it blend in with the default FSX scenery or ocean water background.
How long does it take to do a watermask on FSX?
Doing a watermask is usually the most time consuming part. For Nauru it might take only 30 minutes but for larger islands or atolls it can take hours or even weeks until the job is done. It all depends on length and shape of your coastlines. Usually you don’t want the entire background image to show up in FSX, only parts of it.