How do you reset the service light on a W168?
Reset service light indicator Mercedes A Class W168
- Switch on ignition.
- There are two small round buttons situated underneath the rev counter.
- Switch ignition off.
- Press and hold the same button whilst switching on ignition.
- New service interval should appear in around 10 seconds, let button go and switch off igntion.
How do you reset an automatic transmission?
Procedure Reset Transmission Adaptive Learning DIY
- Turn the key to position 2. You should see all the dash lights come on.
- Press the gas pedal all the way.
- Turn key to OFF, position 0.
- Release the gas pedal.
- Wait 2 minutes.
- Start the car and drive.
Can you reset a transmission control module?
To reset the TCM, I turn the key to the ON position, step on the accelerator pedal for 10 seconds, turn off the engine, release the accelerator pedal and wait 5 minutes for the engine to restart.
How do I reset my CVT transmission?
- Turn AC off.
- Move the shift selector to the Park position, turn ignition off, then wait 5 seconds.
- Start the engine and allow it to idle for 5 seconds.
- Turn the ignition off and wait 30 seconds.
- Perform steps 4 and 5 two more times for a total of three cycles.
- Restart the engine.
How much does it cost to reprogram a transmission?
The cost to reprogram a transmission ranges between $75 and $250. Most of the time, you can get this done at your local dealership, but you can also trust a local repair shop, like My Transmission Experts, to get the job done.
How to reset service light indicator on Mercedes a class W168?
Press and hold the same button whilst switching on ignition. New service interval should appear in around 10 seconds, let button go and switch off igntion. All information is taken from the Mercedes A Class W168 owners manual. That it is the full procedure how to reset service light indicator Mercedes A Class W168 .
How can I get more speed out of my Mercedes W168?
The quickest way to get some serious speed out of your W168 is with a racing chip. As it doesn’t require any major physical modifications to the car, it’s also the cheapest way to get more power out of your engine. The RaceChip Ultimate is a stated to give you 31% more and up to 1L/100km less fuel consumption.
When did the Mercedes Benz W168 come out?
The Mercedes-Benz W168 A-Class was the first model of the A-class produced between 1997 and 2004. Therefore had a lot of room for improvement. In this article, we will go over the 15 most popular modifications. The standard W168 head unit is very dated, so replacing it should be the first thing on your list of modifications.
What can I add to my Mercedes-Benz W168?
These aluminum pedal covers are well suited to the W168. Once installed, they add some much needed brightness to the otherwise drab interior. By far the best modification you can install on the W168 is angle eyes lights. The standard bulbs are nothing more than functional whereas the angel eyes are full of character.