Is Mastercam a post processor?
A post processor is needed to translate toolpath information from Mastercam into an NC format the machine tool can interpret. They’ve received extensive training with the Mastercam product line, including post processor development. …
How do I change the post processor on my Mastercam 2021?
In the Toolpath Manager, go under the Machine Group Properties and select Files. In the file explorer window select the machine definition (. mcam-mmd) file for the post processor you need to load. After the new post loads, the file description will update along with the file names below it.
How do I add a post to Mastercam?
Post install instructions for X9
- Save the zip file containing the post from your email to an appropriate place such as the desktop.
- Extract the files from the zip file to a folder this will create a folder with the files.
- Start Mastercam.
- Go to File, Open Shared Folder.
What is post processor in Mastercam?
A post processor is specially written code that translates Mastercam toolpath information into instructions that the machine needs to cut the part. Once you have installed your post processor and finalized your Mastercam program you can post it out to generate code, then send it to the machine and cut your part!
How do I update Mastercam post?
- Updating Mastercam Post Processors to 2021.
- *Mastercam 2021 will only update posts from 2018, 2019 and 2020.
- Open Mastercam 2021.
- Click on the filing cabinet (Browse)
- Click OK (Green Check)
- Check “Migrate shared mcamx files” and uncheck “Include sub-folders”.
What is Solidworks CAM?
SOLIDWORKS CAM is an add-on to all versions of SOLIDWORKS CAD that lets you prepare your designs for manufacturability earlier in the development cycle. Manufacturing tasks that had to wait until a design was complete can now be performed concurrently with the design process.