Should I staple my n-400 application?

Should I staple my n-400 application?

There are no strict rules regarding stapling of pages of Form N-400, Application for Naturalization. However, there are general tips for preparing your packet, that apply to all and every USCIS form: -Do not use binders or folders that cannot be easily disassembled.

Can I submit n-400 online?

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) now allows U.S. permanent residents to apply for citizenship (naturalization) online. USCIS still accepts the paper version of Form N-400 by mail. You will need an email address, which will serve as your username. You then will create a password.

What is additional evidence for n400?

In addition to the completed Form N-400, you must also submit the following documents as supporting evidence with your Application for Naturalization: Two identical recent passport-style photos (only applicants for who live abroad) A copy of the front and back of your Form I-551 (Permanent Resident Card)

Is it OK to staple USCIS forms?

Bind or staple documents together – Since USCIS officials must easily separate the forms, avoid using binders or folders and stapling the documents together. Instead, simply use paper clips. If you are submitting different applications in the same envelope, you could also use a rubber band to separate them.

Can I staple my citizenship application?

Do not staple, glue or otherwise attach the photo directly to the application. Note: Your application will be returned to you if you do not include two (2) photos that meet the citizenship photo specifications.

Is it better to apply online or by mail for US citizenship?

Filing a form online is better than mailing a paper form because you can: Enter your information using a phone, tablet, or computer; Easily and securely pay your filing fee; and. Receive immediate confirmation that we have received your form instead of waiting for the mail.

What evidence is needed for naturalization?

Birth certificate (for spouses who have been U.S. citizens since birth). Certificate of Naturalization (Naturalization Certificate). Certificate of Citizenship. Consular Report of Birth Abroad of a U.S. Citizen (Form FS-240).