What products should I use on my transitioning hair?
15 Natural Hair Care Products Perfect For Transitioning Curls
- Shea Moisture Hair Repair & Transition Kit.
- As I Am Hydrating Elation Intensive Conditioner.
- Darcy’s Botanicals Coconut Lemongrass Transitioning Creme.
- Creme Of Nature Perfect 7 Leave-In Treatment.
- Curls Transitioning Diva Kit.
- It’s A 10 Miracle Hair Mask.
Can I use natural hair products on transitioning hair?
Natural hair care products are typically comprised of moisture-rich ingredients targeting dry hair. Natural hair care moisturizers, deep conditioners and leave-in products can all be used on relaxed hair, it’s just a matter of choosing the right products for your hair type and porosity level.
How do you transition to natural hair products?
How To Transition To Natural Hair
- Be patient.
- Cut when necessary.
- Deep condition often.
- Plan out your protective styles.
- Cut back on heat styling.
- Don’t stress the shedding.
- Avoid drying ingredients.
- Focus on scalp health.
How do you transition from relaxed hair to natural hair?
11 Top Tips For Transitioning From Relaxed To Natural Hair
- Take The Time To Learn About Your New Hair Growth.
- Give Yourself Time To Adjust.
- Remember To Trim.
- Keep It Moisturised.
- Find A Hairstyle That Works.
- Consider A Protective Hairstyle.
- Go Easy With It.
- Switch To Co-Washing.
How do you keep transitioning hair moisturized?
We offered these seven tips:
- Use a true moisturizer that has water as 1st or 2nd ingredient.
- Seal in moisture with an oil like Shea butter, castor oil, or avocado oil.
- Trim your ends regularly.
- Avoid heat.
- Keep your hands out of your hair.
- Sleep with a satin bonnet or pillow.
- Deep condition regularly.
How often should you wash your hair when transitioning?
Co-washing should be your primary option on cleansing transitioning hair, but every so often – whether every week, every two weeks or every month – it will be necessary to shampoo.
Is Cantu products good for transitioning hair?
Best Curl Enhancing Cream: Cantu Shea Butter for Natural Hair Moisturizing Curl Activator Cream. This is a moisturizing curl activator cream. It is a shea butter-based moisturizer for your hair. It keeps the hair frizz-free and is perfect for all hair types, including transitioning hair.
Is Shea Moisture good for transitioning hair?
SheaMoisture Repair & Transition Hair Kit deeply moisturizes and helps heal and strengthen dry, damaged hair, while providing a protective barrier from environmental elements, heat and styling damage. It is ideal for transitioning and chemically treated, dry and damaged hair.
How to deal with transitioning relaxed hair?
Consider the ‘big chop’. It is common for people transitioning their hair to go ahead and do the big chop – that is,cutting off all the relaxed hair,…
How do you transition to natural hair?
How to Make the Transition to Natural Hair. There are really only a few ways to accomplish the transition from chemically treated to natural hair. The most simple and fastest way is to simply chop off the permed hair all at once. Cut off the relaxed hair- This is the fastest and boldest way to make the transition.
What is transitioning hair?
Transitioning. Transitioning from relaxed to natural hair is a process where you grow out your processed hair in favor of your natural texture before cutting off the processed or damaged ends off (known as the big chop). Transitioning is about learning to accept (and love!) the texture you were born with.