How do I configure my SMC wireless router?
How to Configure an SMC Router
- Plug an Ethernet cable into the back of any network computer and plug the other end into any port on the back of the SMC router.
- Open the Internet browser on the connected computer.
- Enter the default password for your SMC router, found in the instruction manual for your specific model.
How do I setup a secure wireless network?
Keep your home Wi-Fi safe in 7 simple steps
- Change the default name of your home Wi-Fi.
- Make your wireless network password unique and strong.
- Enabling network encryption.
- Turn off network name broadcasting.
- Keep your router’s software up to date.
- Make sure you have a good firewall.
- Use VPNs to access your network.
How do I setup my wireless access point wirelessly?
Simply connect the access point to one of the ports of your existing wired/wireless router then configure the access point’s wireless settings.
- Open the access point’s web-based setup page by entering the default IP Address “192.168.
- On the web-based setup page, click on Wireless.
- Enter the Network Name (SSID).
How do I access my SMC router?
SMC Router Login Open your web browser of choice and type IP address of your SMC router in the address bar. You can find the ip address on the back of your router. Now enter the default username and password of your router by accessing the admin panel.
How do I access my SMC modem settings?
Navigate to the SMC Admin Console by typing 192.168. 0.1 in your internet browser (at the top of your page). Log In with the following information: Username: cusadmin.
How do I know my WiFi is secure?
The Wifi Settings opens. Click Manage known networks. Click the current wifi network your are connected to, and click Properties. Next to Security type, if it says something such as WEP or WPA2, your network is protected.
How to set up a SMC WiFi network?
Wireless Configuration for Apple iOS devices 1 From the Home screen, tap Settings, then tap Wi-Fi. 2 Tap Wi-Fi and enable Wi-Fi if it is not already on. 3 Tap SMC_WIFI 4 You will be prompted to log in with your SMC network username and password. More
How does the SMC ez connect wireless access point work?
All you have to do is plug the WAP in and connect it to your network. Like a workstation, the WAP can either connect directly to a wired switch or a patch panel, so long as the panel is patched to a hub or switch. According to SMC’s specifications, the EZ Connect can connect users up to a distance of 1,800 ft.
Where do I find the password for my Shaw wireless modem?
Password: You can find the password printed on the white sticker on the side or top your Shaw wireless modem (SMC), referred to as the Pre-shared Key or Password Enter the desired password into the Pre-Shared Key field.