How do I set my BIOS to boot from DVD?
Steps are provided below:
- Boot mode should be selected as UEFI (Not Legacy).
- Secure Boot set to Off.
- Go to the ‘Boot’ tab in the BIOS and select Add Boot option. (
- A new window will appear with ‘blank’ boot option name. (
- Name it “CD/DVD/CD-RW Drive”
- Press < F10 > key to save settings and restart.
How do I change the BIOS boot drive?
How to Change the Boot Order
- Step 1: Turn on or Restart Your Computer.
- Step 2: Enter the BIOS Setup Utility.
- Step 3: Find the Boot Order Options in BIOS.
- Step 4: Make Changes to the Boot Order.
- Step 5: Save Your BIOS Changes.
- Step 6: Confirm Your Changes.
- Step 7: Start the Computer.
How do I set my computer to boot from CD ROM?
From within Windows, press and hold the Shift key and click the “Restart” option in the Start menu or on the sign-in screen. Your PC will restart into the boot options menu. Select the “Use a device” option on this screen and you can choose a device you want to boot from, such as a USB drive, DVD, or network boot.
How do you change the default boot drive?
Click Start, type msconfig.exe in the Start Search box, and then press Enter to start the System Configuration utility. c. Select the option Boot Tab; from the boot tab list select the one that you want to set a default.
Why computer is not booting from CD?
If you enter the boot menu and the CD-ROM or DVD drive is not listed as an option, remove the disc from the computer. Then, turn off the computer, and press the key to enter the boot menu again. If the CD-ROM/DVD-ROM is not available, put the disc back into the computer and then choose the option to boot from the disc.
How do I select a boot drive?
Steps on How to Change System Boot Order
- Step 1: Enter your Computer’s BIOS set up utility.
- Step 2: Navigate to the boot order menu in BIOS.
- Step 3: Change the Boot Order.
- Step 4: Save your Changes.
How do you change the boot order in BIOS?
Changing the Boot order in the BIOS settings Power on the system. Press the RIGHT ARROW key to select Boot. Press the DOWN ARROW key to select Boot Order. Use the F5 or F6 key to change the order. Press the F10 key to save changes and restart the system.
Can’t boot to BIOS?
Step 1: Go to Start > Settings > Update & Security. Step 2: Under the Recovery window, click Restart now. Step 3: Click Troubleshoot > Advanced options > UEFI Firmware Settings. Step 4: Click Restart and your PC can go to BIOS. Just do some changes to BIOS based on your needs.
What is boot option in BIOS?
The menu option or configuration item might be called Boot Options, Boot, Boot Order, etc. The boot order option may even be located within a general menu option like Advanced Options, Advanced BIOS Features, or Other Options. In the example BIOS above, the boot order changes are made under the Boot menu.
How do you change boot settings?
You can change the boot options from the system settings window by following the steps below: Open run command by pressing Windows key + R keys on the keyboard, type msconfig and press Enter. Click on Boot tab from the window and check if OS installed drives are displayed.