What is there to do in Springfield MA today?
15 Best Things to Do in Springfield (MA)
- Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame. Source: flickr.
- Springfield Armory National Historic Site. Source: flickr.
- George Walter Vincent Smith Museum.
- Springfield Science Museum.
- Springfield Symphony Orchestra.
- Lyman And Merrie Wood Museum of Springfield History.
- Forest Park.
Is West Springfield MA Safe?
With a crime rate of 39 per one thousand residents, West Springfield has one of the highest crime rates in America compared to all communities of all sizes – from the smallest towns to the very largest cities. One’s chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime here is one in 26.
What is in West Springfield?
10 Top Best things to do in West Springfield, MA
- Dr Seuss National Memorial Sculpture Garden. 2.2 mi. 58 reviews.
- Agawam Axe House. 2.9 mi.
- The Zoo in Forest Park & Education Center. 3.9 mi.
- The Big E. 2.1 mi.
- Robinson State Park. 3.3 mi.
- Ashley Reservoir. 4.6 mi.
- MGM Springfield. 2.4 mi.
- Zoar Outdoor. 37.4 mi.
What is Springfield Massachusetts known for?
City of Firsts
It has been known as the “City of Firsts” – a moniker earned through a history of innovation, including America’s first Armory and military arsenal and the first American made automobile. Springfield may be best known for two other innovations – the birthplace of basketball and of Theodor Geisel, better known as “Dr.
What is there to do in Western Massachusetts today?
21 things to do in Western Massachusetts
- Eric Carle Museum.
- New England Peace Pagoda.
- Bridge of Flowers.
- Mount Sugarloaf State Reservation.
- Arcadia Wildlife Sanctuary.
- Children’s Museum at Holyoke.
- Ventfort Hall.
- Hoosac Valley Train Ride.
Whats in Springfield Massachusetts?
Top Attractions in Springfield
- Springfield Museums. 489.
- Basketball Hall of Fame. 696.
- Forest Park. 277.
- The Amazing World of Dr. Seuss Museum.
- Dr. Seuss National Memorial Sculpture Garden.
- Springfield Armory National Historic Site. 299.
- The Zoo in Forest Park & Education Center. 130.
- MGM Springfield. 159.
Is West Springfield a good place to live?
West Springfield is a relatively nice place depending on what you’re looking for. The schools are decent and it is a very family-friendly place. There is a good range of prices of homes and there is a pretty diverse population. Nice schools and peaceful town!
What city in Massachusetts has the highest crime rate?
The most dangerous city in Massachusetts is Springfield, where the chance of being a victim of a violent crime is one in 109. Holyoke also made the list, coming in as the 94th most dangerous city in America.
Is Springfield MA a safe city?
The chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime in Springfield is 1 in 28. Based on FBI crime data, Springfield is not one of the safest communities in America. Relative to Massachusetts, Springfield has a crime rate that is higher than 99% of the state’s cities and towns of all sizes.
What is there to do in Western MA this weekend?
What are fun things to do in Springfield MO?
Best things to do in Springfield, Missouri with kids include the Discovery Center of Springfield, Dickerson Park Zoo, the Rutledge-Wilson Farm Community Park, and the Missouri Sports Hall of Fame.
What are fun things to do in Massachusetts?
Fun Things to do in Massachusetts. The fun things to do in the Red Sox Nation State are endless. From skydiving, scuba diving, white water rafting to helicopter rides. The Bay State offers a near infinite array of fun things to do in Massachusetts that live forever in memory.
Is there Springfield in Massachusetts?
Springfield is a city in the state of Massachusetts, United States, and the seat of Hampden County .
Who founded Springfield Massachusetts?
Springfield was founded in 1636 by English Puritan William Pynchon as ” Agawam Plantation” under the administration of the Connecticut Colony .