Why is a picklist value not showing?
It is almost always because you didn’t make it available to that Record Type. To check this; In Setup, navigate to the Record Type settings for the object/record. At the bottom of the screen you’ll see Picklists Available For Editing.
Why can’t I see a picklist value in Salesforce?
Go to the Record Type settings for the standard and custom objects. Click on the record type and you’ll see the “Picklists Available for Editing” section. From there you should be able to add the new picklist values. The picklist values at the field level are like a master list.
How do I make a picklist value available in Salesforce?
Add or Edit Picklist Values
- Navigate to the fields area for your object.
- In the Custom Fields & Relationships related list, click the name of the picklist field to update.
- In the Values section, click Edit next to a value.
- Change the value’s name, and optionally make the value the default for the master picklist.
How do you add a picklist value to record type?
Choose Picklist Values for a Record Type
- Click. , then click Setup.
- Click the Object Manager tab.
- Click the name of the object whose record type you want to update, then click Record Types.
- Click the record type name.
- Click Edit next to the picklist field to change its values.
- Add or remove values as needed.
- Click Save.
What happens when you deactivate a picklist value in Salesforce?
In the Values section, modify the picklist value. These actions simultaneously update all custom picklists that inherit its value set. To deactivate a value, which removes it from the picklist but keeps it on existing records, click Deactivate next to the value’s name. The value moves to the Inactive Values section.
What is restrict picklist to the values defined in the value set in Salesforce?
Restricted picklists keep users from adding new values (either through the API or other apps). This restriction is useful for keeping your data consistent. With a restricted picklist, your picklist data stays clean. Admins with the permission to edit the field can continue to add and edit values.
What is a restricted picklist value in Salesforce?
How do I add a field to a record type in Salesforce?
Create a custom formula field in Lightning
- Click the gear icon.
- Click Object Manager.
- Click the object where you want to create the field.
- Click Fields & Relationships.
- Click New located on the right side.
- Select Formula as the Data Type then click Next.
- Enter the name of the field in the Field Label.
How do you restrict picklist values based on record type?
- Go to Setup | Customize for Standard Objects or Create for Custom Objects | Click on Record types.
- Then select the record type that you need to change.
- You’ll see a section Picklists Available for Editing.
- You can specify which values should appear for the record type.
Can we delete picklist value in Salesforce?
To remove a value from the picklist, click Del next to the value’s name. Decide whether to replace the value or leave it blank. If you replace it with a blank value, existing records will not display the value anymore. To keep the value on existing records, use Deactivate, instead of Del.
How do I get inactive picklist values in Salesforce?
Manage Picklist Values
- In Setup, click the Object Manager tab, and then select the object associated with your picklist field.
- Click Fields & Relationships.
- Click the picklist’s Field Label to see the field’s detail page. You see your values in the Values related list.
What is the use of restricted picklist in Salesforce?
Functional Limitations for Custom Picklists A restricted picklist’s values are limited to only those values defined by a Salesforce admin, which prevents users from loading redundant or erroneous values through the API.
Why are my picklist values still not showing?
Where do I find the picklist values in Salesforce?
If you go to the Record Type settings for the standard and custom objects, then click on the record type and you’ll see the “Picklists Available for Editing” section. From there you should be able to add the new picklist values. The picklist values at the field level are like a master list.
How do I add new values to my picklist?
Steve’s answer is correct. There are two steps here: (1) add the new values to the picklist field, (2) go to the record type and make sure the new value is added to the picklist field there, even if you have already set view and edit settings for the picklist on that record type.